BUILDING DISASTER RESILIENCE IN PAKISTAN (BDRP) - SUSTAINABILITY
Geographical Coverage: Muzaffargarh
Project Duration: March 2021 – December 2021
- Target communities have effective disaster risk management structures in place to take up and advocate resilience-building measures.
- Target communities and households are prepared to cope with climate-related natural disasters and adopt risk reduction measures.
- Target communities & households are introduced to sustainable livelihoods and environmental management practices for resilience building.
- UCDMCs are identifying persons with different abilities in their respective communities, referring and facilitating them to Social Welfare Department so they can take disability certificates upon which they can get Special CNIC (SCNIC) from NADRAand are entitled to many social safety programme.
- Via Community-based Disaster Risk Management, we benefitted 1,386 beneficiaries(1260 M, 126 F, 113 PWD, 13 Minority).
- Community Physical Infrastructure 11,977 (6362 M, 5615 F, 47 PWDs, 3 Transgender and 74 Minority) community members are directly taking benefit, and indirectly 44,920 (22139 M, 22781 F) are taking benefits of CPI schemes.
- Children who are indirectly benefitted from this project are 1050 (670 F, 380 M).
- In the livelihood sector, the project has not only developed linkages of 599 (378 M, 221 F, 15 PWDs, 9 Minority) communities with stakeholders like a chamber of commerce, Ehsas program, Islamic and Khushhali bank, agriculture department, livestock, and Dairy development departments and etc. but also provided cash grants to 103beneficiaries (16 M, 87 F, 3 PWD)to expand their already existing small enterprises.
- Facilitation of 100 PWDs (71 M, 29 F) in linkages building and SCNIC issuance so they can avail other state offered benefits.
- Training of 481 persons (434 M, 35 F, 7 PWDs and 5 minorities) from social structures and community to build capacity on “Open Defecation Free” environment under WASH Sector, “Social Mobilization” and “ Early Warning Systems (EWS).